The operation began in September 2019 when the agents detected demonstrations of graffiti artists arrested in past investigations, in which they indicated the ease and alleged impunity of painting in Catalonia
The investigation focuses on the 6,741 complaints filed by RENFE Operadora and Metro Barcelona during the years 2017, 2018 and 2019
The operation was carried out in two phases, the first aimed at locating the 51 alleged perpetrators who resided outside of Catalonia, and the second, developed with the collaboration of the Mossos d'Esquadra, with the aim of arresting the 48 remaining in the provinces of Barcelona, Tarragona and Girona
Among those arrested is a graffiti artist who worked as a ticket office through a company subcontracted by RENFE, and a young man who traveled exclusively from Milan to paint and was arrested on the runway after landing at Barcelona-El Prat Airport.
Note: This press release has a related video.
https://thespainjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/cnp.jpg 100 100 thespainjournal1 https://thespainjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/logothespainjournal-2.png thespainjournal12020-11-11 00:00:002020-11-11 08:48:5699 graffiti artists arrested for causing damage valued at 22,000,000 euros in train and metro wagons in Barcelona
Category of News
- Dismantled a criminal group that intended to launder 123 million euros July 26, 2021
- Four tons of hashish seized from a group of drug traffickers who used the Canary Islands as a new route of entry to Spain July 25, 2021
- The Civil Guard investigates the driver of a truck who was driving recklessly and refused to carry out alcohol and drug tests July 25, 2021
- The Civil Guard detains 26 members of a network dedicated to the trafficking of hashish along the coast of Malaga July 24, 2021
- Carlos Carrizosa: & # 039; We are tired of Catalonia committing the greatest atrocities against everyone's money & # 039; July 23, 2021