Dismantled in Granada a network of cybercriminals with more than 770,000 passwords purchased on the deep web
The two leaders of the group are minors, and one of them has already been arrested for hacking into the Madrid City Council's health service and bicycle rental systems.
The 13 cybercriminals stole money from their victims using stolen bank details and cards that they acquired on the deep web
They had in their possession 777,750 email credentials with username and password prepared to continue with the scams
The Civil Guard has dismantled in Granada a network of cyber scammers who are accused of a total of 47 crimes of fraud through the fraudulent use of credit cards.
- Use complex passwords and change them often.
- Protect the numbering of our cards and PINs to avoid copies and fraudulent use.
- Regularly check the movements of your bank account.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi networks to access mail or make purchases.
- Keep the antivirus of our computer and phone updated.
- Even so, any security measure should not replace responsible browsing or user prudence.