Arrivals in Spain of passengers from international airports reached almost 4.4 million people in July, more than double that of a year ago. The figure also reaches 41.8% of the arrivals registered in the same month of 2019, the last year that can be considered normal, according to data released today by Turespaña.

"In just one month, arrivals from international airports have grown by 87.8% thanks, among other factors, to the full effectiveness of the EU COVID certificate, of which more than one million one hundred thousand have been validated in Spain, facilitating transit to these international passengers. If June marked the best record since the beginning of the pandemic, the July data show that the recovery in international mobility continues to consolidate, placing us in a better scenario than last year, despite the restrictions derived from the fifth wave ", the Secretary of State for Tourism has valued, Fernando Valdes.

The 4,387,871 passengers who arrived in Spain in July from international airports represent the best figure since February 2020, when 5.5 million people entered our country by air. In the opinion of Fernando Valdés, "the challenge now is to extend the season as much as possible to compensate for the fact that we have not yet been able to recover in 2021 what would be a normal summer in terms of international tourism."

Tickets from the UK quadruple

For the first time so far this year, the United Kingdom is positioned as the second market of origin, behind Germany and with a growth in the number of arrivals compared to June of 287%, to 605,897 passengers, despite the fact that Spain remains amber on the British traffic light color scale, which implies that residents of this country must quarantine upon their return to the United Kingdom if they are not vaccinated.

With 861,629 arrivals, Germany was the main country of origin in July, representing 19.6% of total air passengers. France, Italy, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Belgium complete the list of countries that generated more than 200,000 passenger departures to Spain. The markets that represent a minor drop compared to July 2019 are Poland (-23.6%), Denmark (-25.2%) and Switzerland (-30.1%).

Main Autonomous Communities of destination

In July, the Balearic Islands were the Autonomous Community with the most arrivals, with 30.4% of the total share (1,332,029 passengers), mainly thanks to the increase in arrivals from Germany and the United Kingdom. Madrid follows, with 17.8% of the share and 782,044 passengers; Catalonia, 16.1% and 704,530 passengers; Andalusia, 12.4% and 545,200 passengers; Valencian Community, 11.5% and 506,793 passengers and the Canary Islands, with 9.7% of the quota and 425,826 passengers.

By airports, Palma de Mallorca was the one that received the highest volume of international passengers (958,027, 21.8% of the total), followed by Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas (782,044, 17.8% of the total); Barcelona (663,706, 15.1%) and Malaga (459,685, 10.5%).

57.3% of the passengers who flew to Spain from international airports did so on low-cost airlines, while the remaining 42.7% chose traditional airlines.



Source of the new

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *