The Administration assumes the cost of the Social Security contributions of these agreements, subscribed mostly by women. The years of care are added to the work life in this way and contribute to generating the right to a retirement pension.

The number of special agreements of caregivers and non-professional caregivers of people in situations of dependency now stands at 40,076. The vast majority, 32,772, are new agreements signed since the past April 1 the General State Administration took charge of paying the contributions, in compliance with the Royal Decree-Law 6/2019, of 1 March, of urgent measures to guarantee equality of treatment and opportunities between women and men in employment and occupation. In this way, the figure of 7,304 agreements that had been registered as of March 30, 2019 has multiplied by 5.48.

This measure has benefited mostly women, since 89.48% of the special agreements of non-professional caregivers are signed by them, 35.860. The rest, 10.52% are men (4,216).

The main advantage of subscribing an agreement of these characteristics is that the years spent caring for the dependent person, often from the family environment, are integrated into working life and contribute to generating entitlements to benefits such as retirement or permanent disability. .

Royal Decree-Law 6/2019 recovered in its entirety the special agreement already provided for in Royal Decree 615/2007, which regulates the Social Security of those who take care of people in situations of dependency. It was Royal Decree 20/2012 that modified the nature of this agreement, in such a way that once it was fully implemented, the caregivers and caregivers were forced to assume the cost of Social Security contributions, moment from which many caregivers stopped quoting. There were 179,829 agreements signed while the Administration was in charge of financing the contributions.

For carers whose dependent has been recognized as of April 1, the agreement will take effect from the date of recognition, or the subscription thereof, if 90 days have elapsed from the date of the grant of the economic benefit.

How to subscribe

This special agreement is addressed to persons designated as non-professional carers in the Individual Care Program, prepared by the Social Services corresponding to the municipality of residence of the person requesting it. To subscribe it is necessary that the person carrying out the activity is not registered in the Social Security in any full-time regime or in unemployment.

In addition, who receives the care must have recognized the economic dependency benefit to give the person who takes care of their care to sign the special agreement.

The application must be presented in the offices of the General Treasury of the Social Security and in the electronic office using the service of "Registration in Special Agreement", provided that an electronic certificate is available. It is necessary to accompany the corresponding form with the resolution of the economic benefit of the dependency and the ID of both the non-professional caretaker and the dependent person.

If when signing the agreement, the contribution base is chosen equivalent to the minimum cap of the general regime, the payment of the fee will be assumed in full by the Administration. If those engaged in non-professional care opt for a higher contribution base, the State Administration assumes the quota corresponding to the minimum contribution base and the person who cares pays for the rest, that is, for the difference between the base that you have chosen and the minimum base.

In the event that the caregiver – the vast majority are women – or non-professional caregiver becomes the holder of a retirement pension, permanent disability of widowhood or family favor or turns 65, you will have to cancel your agreement. The same is also extinguished when the assisted person dies, the financial benefit for family care is no longer received or the caregiver is no longer provided.

Agreements signed on July 9, by gender and by provinces:

110719-convenioscuidadorasnoprof.JPG "src =" "><span class=Ministry of Labor, Migration and Social Security

Source of new