The Civil Guard and the National Police dismantle a network specialized in theft, forgery and subsequent collection of promissory notes and fake checks
33 people have been arrested and 3 others investigated, who are attributed 1,640 criminal offenses committed in 33 provinces of the national territory
It is estimated that the benefit achieved by the organization could amount to more than 760,000 euros
The Civil Guard and the National Police, within the framework of the “BRAIN-CECI” operation carried out in Castilla La Mancha, Madrid, and the Valencian Community, have dismantled an active organization specialized in the theft, forgery and subsequent collection of promissory notes and fake checks .
Perfectly organized and hierarchical organization
Records and effects intervened
- 3,220 euros, in bills of different value, from the criminal activity investigated.
- Numerous mobile phones.
- Complete computer equipment (computers, printers and scanner).
- Chemicals, luminescent inks and an ultraviolet light device.
- Quality paper identical to that used legally for the issuance of financial effects.
- Plastic presses plasticizers and guillotines to cut the paper.
- Various tools such as cutters, scissors, rollers, syringes, glues, indelible markers, gloves, etc …
- Numerous identity documents (DNI’s) and financial means of payment (promissory notes / checks) and other originals stolen.