The Civil Guard dismantles a network that introduced large amounts of hashish along the coasts of Huelva
60 people have been arrested and more than 10 tons of hashish, 13 boats, 40 vehicles and 8 firearms have been seized
The organization launched the boats through the marina of Lagos (Portugal) and Murcia, to avoid police pressure on the coasts of Andalusia
In the SOTERRADO operation, coordinated by Europol, the agents have had the collaboration of the Judicial Police of Portugal
The Civil Guard, within the framework of the SOTERRADO operation coordinated by Europol and in collaboration with the Portuguese Judicial Police, has dismantled a criminal organization dedicated to the international trafficking of hashish based in the provinces of Huelva, Seville and Cádiz. 60 people have been arrested and more than 10 tons of hashish have been seized.
- In March of last year, a boat of the organization launched in Lagos has problems and ends up losing its load and part of it appears on the coast of the Balearic Islands.
- 1,000 kilos of hashish are seized in the waters of the Strait of Gibraltar in August 2020, detaining 4 people and intervening 1 boat.
- In September of that same year, 1,700 kilos of hashish were seized in Isla Cristinan (Huelva), with 6 arrested and two boats seized, recovering a stolen SUV.
- In October, due to police pressure in Portugal, they tried to launch boats through Huelva and Murcia, three people being arrested and two more boats seized.
- In October 2020, 1,300 kilos were seized in Mazagón (Huelva), recovering another three stolen vehicles.
- Again, in Isla Cristina, in December, agents aborted a new cache, arresting 10 people and seizing 2,100 kilos of hashish, 2 boats and three vehicles.
- In Ayamonte, three days later, another 3,000 kilos were found next to a boat, for which 4 people were arrested.
- Also in December, in Matalascañas (Huelva) 600 kilos of hashish and a vehicle were intervened.
- The last apprehension took place in January of this year in Isla Cristina, where a boat carrying 1,200 kilos of hashish was intervened.