The Civil Guard dismantles a plot of trafficking and illegal sale of weapons
The operation has been carried out in Bizkaia and Valencia and 7 people have been arrested and 10 searches carried out
65 firearms have been intervened, more than 27,000 metal cartridges of different calibers, 14.5 kg. of gunpowder, as well as false documentation for weapons.
Among the seized weapons are 18 weapons of war (assault rifles, submachine guns and machine pistols).
The Civil Guard, within the framework of the "EBANISTA" operation, has dismantled an illegal plot of arms trafficking. The operation has been carried out in the provinces of Bizkaia and Valencia, seven people have been arrested and charged with the crimes of trafficking in arms and ammunition, deposit of weapons of war, deposit of ammunition, deposit of explosives. 10 searches have been made in which it has been seized:
- 44 handguns (pistols and revolvers)
- 18 weapons of war (assault rifles and submachine guns).
- 2 long weapons (rifle and shotgun)
- 1 handcrafted firearm
- 3 hand grenades.
- 3 silencers.
- A multitude of new barrels, and sliders, bolts, fastener assemblies, frames, etc. for the assembly and rehabilitation of weapons.
- 298 high-capacity chargers.
- More than 27,000 metal cartridges of different calibers (including war)
- 14.5 kg of gunpowder and 18,400 pistons for illegal ammunition reloading.
- 20 counterfeit blank disablement certificates