As an example, the PP denounces that, in the case of La Rioja, the daily connection with Barcelona, Zaragoza and Galicia has been abolished
The Popular Parliamentary Group has presented a Proposal not of Law in Congress in which the Government is urged to recover all the railway services that Renfe had been providing until the declaration of the state of alarm by Covid-19.
The initiative highlights that, once the health emergency is over, there is no explanation for why different railway services have stopped being provided or continue suppressing others. However, this is the situation that is taking place on different routes in which the offer prior to March 14 has not yet returned.
He adds that collectives and organizations from all over the national territory have asked for the replacement of all these railway circulations that are currently suspended and thus contributing to the isolation of these territories. "It could not be understood that COVID-19 has become the excuse of the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda to eliminate elementary services within its public service obligation," says the PP.
IN THE CASE OF LA RIOJA, THE SUPPRESSION IS TWO THIRD
The GPP has also already presented a battery of parliamentary questions denouncing the specific case of the drastic suppression in recent weeks of railway services in La Rioja.
Specifically, Renfe has eliminated in this Autonomous Community the daily connection with Barcelona, Zaragoza and Galicia, a reduction that affects 12 suppressed trains that constitute two thirds of the railway services that operated in this region, affecting thousands of La Riojans and breaking your right to rail mobility.
The questions presented at the Congress are the following:
– What criteria has the Government of Spain used for the suppression through RENFE of the connection of La Rioja with other cities in Spain?
– How many Spanish cities has affected the suspension of railway connections with the Autonomous Community of La Rioja during the last dates?
– Specifically, how many rail services and train numbers have ceased to operate in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja since June 1, 2020 compared to March 1, 2020? How many cities have affected this train suppression carried out by RENFE?
– What is the date that RENFE has planned for the replacement of the railway services suppressed in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja that existed as of January 1, 2020?
– Did the Government of Spain inform the regional and local authorities of the suppression of trains in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja? How many meetings has the Government of Spain held with the Government of La Rioja to discuss the suppression of trains in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja? How many meetings has the Government of Spain held with the municipalities affected by the suppression of trains in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja?
– How many La Riojans have been affected by the suppression of RENFE from various rail services in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja?
– How many La Riojans used rail transport as of February 1, 2020 and how many La Riojans used rail transport as of July 1?
– Does the Government of Spain believe that the suppression of railway services carried out by RENFE in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja will affect the recovery of domestic tourism after the health crisis of COVID-19?
– Does the Government of Spain believe that the suppression of railway services carried out by RENFE in the Autonomous Community of La Rioja will affect rural municipalities that their only connection with other cities is by train?
The initiatives are signed by the GPP spokesperson, Cayetana Álvarez de Toledo, the PP deputy secretary and deputy head of the list for La Rioja Cuca Gamarra, the group's transport spokesman, Andrés Lorite, and the Rioja deputy Javier Merino.