• The number of employed exceeds 18 million after the creation of 544,700 jobs in the last twelve months
  • Most of the 182,200 new jobs created in the third quarter come from the private sector
  • The unemployment rate is reduced 2.5 points in the last year and reaches 21.18% of the active population
  • Full-time employment rises by 250,000 people in the quarter and part-time employment falls by 67,800
  • The number of households with all their active members unemployed falls in the third quarter by 84,600, to 1.57 million

Data from the Active Population Survey (EPA) for the third quarter of the year reflect that the recovery of the labor market is accelerating in Spain. According to data published by the National Institute of Statistics (INE), the number of unemployed fell by a record 576,900 people in the last twelve months and the unemployment rate fell to 21.18% of the active population. Employment recovers at an annual rate of 3.1%, the highest rate since the third quarter of 2007, that is, before the recession, and the total number of employed people already exceeds 18 million. In the last year, 544,700 people have found a job, and only in the last quarter have they achieved 182,200, a figure higher than that of any period between July and September also before the recession. Almost all of the employment created comes from the private sector and is full time.

Economic activity maintains a growth rate of more than 3% so far this year, which translates into a balance of the labor market that recovers the vitality lost during the severe recession that started in 2008. The EPA data from the third In this quarter, it is also possible to confirm that the current Legislature will close with better figures, both for employment and unemployment, than those corresponding to the closing of the previous one, at the end of 2011. The current year will mark a historical record in terms of a decrease in the number of unemployed, with the forecast of 650,000 unemployed less at the end of 2015. Progress is also made towards the goal of reaching 20 million employed in the medium term.

The number of unemployed falls by five million in the third quarter of the year, for the first time since the same period of 2011, and stands at 4,850 million. A figure still high but that is being corrected in an important way already in the last two years. In the period between July and September 2015 and with respect to a year before, unemployment has fallen by 576,900 people, a historical record for any period since the statistics are recorded. Regarding the second quarter, 298,200 people have ceased to be unemployed, which puts the rate on the active population at 21.18% the lowest since the second quarter of 2011 and 2.5 points lower than what there was a year. The number of households with all their unemployed members falls by 84,600 in the quarter, to 1,572 million.

Employment grows at an annual rate of 3.1%, a rate that represents an acceleration with respect to that registered in the previous eight years. In the last twelve months 544,700 jobs have been created in Spain, the highest number since the third quarter of 2007, that is, before the start of the recession. In the third quarter of this year 182,200 jobs have been created, the highest figure for a third quarter since 2006. Of this amount, 205,500 jobs are temporary while the number of undefined has dropped by 18,900. In the year, indefinite employment has increased by 178,100 people and temporary employment by 357,700. 73.85% of salaried workers in Spain have a permanent contract, compared to 26.15% of temporary workers, a rate that increases more than one point in the third quarter.

Most of the employment created in the third quarter is in the services sector (210,200), followed by industry (13,100). Instead, it drops in agriculture and construction. In the last year, however, employment has increased in all sectors, especially in services, followed by industry, construction and agriculture. This is mostly full-time employment in the quarter (250,000 more people), while part-time employment drops (67,800 less). The percentage of people working part-time drops one point, to 15.24%. In the last year, almost 80% of the employment created is full-time (up 418,800) and the remaining 20%, part-time (125,900 more).



Source of the new

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *